What is APEDA Registration?
APEDA’s focus is to promote export and develop the scheduled products. The central government is the controlling authority of this body and the authority needs to carry out the direction given and to implement the rules framed by the central government for carrying out the purposes & efficient administration of this Act.
You need to understand that scheduled products that are listed in the above mentioned Act, and the exporters of such scheduled products need to have an APEDA registration to keep their process of exporting hassle-free. The APEDA certificate is valid for five years.
List of Product under APEDA Registration
Before we proceed to the basics of APEDA registration, the below-mentioned list of products to export in the APEDA Act of 1985 :
- Fruits, vegetables, and their products.
- Meat and Meat Products.
- Poultry and Poultry Products.
- Floriculture and Floriculture Products.
- Herbal and Medicinal Plan
- Cocoa and its products, chocolates of all kinds.
- Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages.
- Cereal and Cereal Products.
- Groundnuts, Peanuts, and Walnuts.
- Pickles, Papads, and chutneys are all examples of condiments.
- Guar Gum
- Dairy Products.
- Confectionery, Biscuits, and Bakery Products.
- Honey, Jaggery, and Sugar Products.
How to do APEDA Registration Online?
For APEDA registration, an applicant must submit the application form within a month from the date of undertaking the business, and the date is only extended by the Authority based on a sufficient cause of delay. Once the applicant succeeds in submitting the application form, the authority issues the Registration Cum Membership Certificate or RCMC. Please note that this registration is a one-time registration and all the registered members are governed by the rules and regulations under the APEDA Act.
Documents required for APEDA registration?
For APEDA registration, an applicant will require the following documents:
- Duly signed an application form
- Copy of Import-Export code issued by D.G.F.T.
- Bank Certificate duly signed by the authorities
- Bank A/c. statement of the bank account of the firm (for the last 2 months)
- Cancelled cheque
Online APEDA registration process
The APEDA registration process is easy and hassle-free. Applicants can also register online. The issuance of RCMC has been made online using digital signatures. Please note the following steps for APEDA registration:
- Log into the APEDA webpage
- Click on the Register as Member tab
- Enter necessary details such as Import-Export Code, Email Address, and Mobile Number. Then, click on the Submit icon
- Enter the OTP number and press submit
- Once the verification is done, the online application must be complete with appropriate information and essential documents are to be uploaded.
- The registration fee is INR 5000 excluding taxes that can be paid via Credit or Debit Card or Demand draft in favour of APEDA
- After applicant has paid the APEDA registration fee, an application number will be generated.
- RCMC will be issued and after login credentials are sent, please log into the APEDA account.
- Check RCMC application status
- Wait for the approval of RCMC by APEDA Officials. After approval, a certificate will be obtained using the APEDA portal under the tab of View RCMC certificate.
Necessity of APEDA Registration?
The Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) is necessary because of:
- Provides and sets up the rules and regulations for the scheduled products
- Development of industries related to scheduled products
- Improvise the marketing and packaging of scheduled products
What are the benefits of APEDA Registration?
APEDA registration can turn out to be beneficial for an applicant for the following reasons:
Provides legality:APEDA registration provides the applicant with legal security/backup in case they want to indulge in the export of the scheduled products.
Eligibility:One of the benefits of APEDA is the eligibility that comes along with it as the applicant becomes eligible to attend the various training programs that are conducted by the APEDA for business and skill development.
Brand Publicity:APEDA registration helps the applicant in publicizing his/her brand in the market.
Guidelines:After the APEDA registration, the applicant is provided with a guideline or instructions that specify the various scheduled products to enhance the business structure.
Exporters Directory:One of the benefits of APEDA registration is that the applicant can be enlisted under the Exporters Directory which is easily available on the APEDA website.
Can APEDA registration be cancelled?
Yes, it’s true that the applicant’s APEDA registration can be cancelled based on the following reasons:
- False information
- Rule’s breach
- Failing to export the scheduled product for 12 months
- Breach of conditions imposed on the certificate.
At Boxnbiz , we have trained and professional consultants who are ready to provide quality and dependable survives to customers/applicants. Our team of experts will guide and help the applicants with every step properly taken.